Key/support worker for a Semi-independent accommodation provider
Job: Key / Support Worker
Location: South West London
Salary: £8.00ph (£16,640 pa) - £11.00ph (£22,880 pa) depending on experience
Pangea Support Services is a successful care provider which due to continuous growth is looking to recruit an experienced Support/Key Workers for a full time position. (40 hours)
You will be based at our offices in Streatham Hill.
Candidates who can speak Albanian or Eritrean would be desirable but not essential. Please still apply if you have relevant experience,
As a Support/Key Worker you would be providing support for young people aged 16 – 21.
The role of a Key Worker is to support young people within our semi-independent homes to ensure they receive the highest standard of support/care appropriate to their individual needs. The primary objective is to enable our young people to become emotionally stable and self-sufficient in order to live independently as well as ensuring they maintain a clean home environment. This will involve teaching young people life skills such as cleaning, cooking and personal hygiene. You will also be required to do daily house checks to ensure the health and safety of our young people. As a key worker you will also be required to build strong working relationships with local authorities and other professional organisations.
You must be able to work flexibly which would be determined by the company’s requirements, this will include working evenings, night spot checks and weekends.
• Experience of working within a supported living environment.
• An understanding of relevant legislation relating to the care of young people
• Experience of working in partnership with Local Authorities and Health/Social Care professionals
Qualifications or Training:
• NVQ Level L3 - Health & Social Care/Children & Young People's Workforce (desirable)
• NVQ Level L2 - Health & Social Care/Children & Young People's Workforce (essential)
If you do not have any of the above qualifications you must have a willingness and ability to complete a NVQ Level Qualification.
• Clean driving license (desirable)
In addition to the above experience and qualification, we will be looking for candidates that have strong work ethic. This must include the following skills:
• Team worker
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• IT literate (word, excel etc.)
• An organised and systematic approach to work with the ability to keep accurate and appropriate records
• Able to work flexibly to meet key objectives and willingness to comply with procedures and management requests
• Ability to keep calm when met with challenging behaviour.
Pangea Support Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful candidates offered employment will be subject to compulsory screening checks; this will include employment references and an enhanced DBS check. If you do not hear from us within 28 days please presume your application unsuccessful.